Have you ever been in the land of insomnia? I have. I am there right now. Staying awake until 2 a.m. when I have to get up at 6 a.m. This is rather a huge adjustment. I used to go to bed between 9 and 10 p.m. then I set my alarm for 5 a.m.
Perks of Insomnia
I have realized there are a lot of benefits to staying awake all hours of the night. I am loving the creativity and the energy that has come along for the ride. I know I should call my psychiatrist and tell him about the insomnia and the other symptoms I am having. But I do not want to leave insomnia land.
I am sure you have had insomnia at least once in your life. You may be experiencing it right now along with me. There are plenty of things I have done with this extra awake time.
What to do during your Insomnia
- You can do the things you don’t normally have time for. Iron some shirts, do a devotion, start a journal, finish a project, start a project, get a bubble bath or you could organize your closet. You get the idea.
- Watch some good movies and relax.
- Start a Facebook. page on something you feel passionate about.
- Or you could start a blog on a topic you are well versed in.
- Catch up on your birthday cards for the year.
There are all kinds of ways to keep yourself busy while awake as well as things to help you go to sleep.
Help you go to Sleep
- Turn off all social media distractions.
- Get a warm shower or bath.
- Do a devotional.
- Avoid cafeine late in the day.
Whether you want to fight the insomnia or join it while it lasts and try to gain some benfits, keep track of how long this is happening. After several weeks with your sleep interrupted, you should consult a medical professional.